how do they get paid on youtube: 2023 The Best Practice

How Do They Get Paid On Youtube: 2023 The Best Practice


YouTube, as one of the most popular video-sharing platforms in the world, has grown exponentially in user base and content creators. From vlogs to tutorials, entertainment shows to reviews, YouTube encompasses a diverse range of content. It is this diversity and reach that makes it a lucrative platform for monetization.

YouTube SEO and Ranking

The Importance of YouTube SEO

For content creators, the visibility of their videos directly affects their earnings. Hence, optimizing videos for search becomes crucial. An effective YouTube SEO ensures that videos are easily discoverable by the audience and garner more views.

Tips for Video Optimization

From the video itself to the accompanying textual information, every element plays a role in optimization. Here's how to make the most of them:

  • Video Quality: High-definition and clear audio quality can significantly improve viewer retention.
  • Title and Description: These should be engaging and contain relevant keywords to improve searchability.
  • Thumbnails: An eye-catching thumbnail can increase click-through rates.
  • Keywords and YouTube's Search Suggest Feature: By researching and utilizing the right keywords, and leveraging YouTube's Search Suggest feature, creators can ensure their videos appear in relevant search results.

Monetization on YouTube

Becoming a YouTube Partner

Joining the YouTube Partner Program is the primary way to start monetizing your videos. But there are requirements: channels must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months. Once approved, creators can earn money through ads.

Different Avenues of Earnings

Apart from advertisements, content creators have various streams to earn:

  • Sponsorships: Brands may pay creators to promote their products or services.
  • Merchandise: Selling channel-branded merchandise can be a substantial income source.
  • Affiliate Marketing: Recommending products and earning a commission on sales.

YouTube Advertising Revenue

Earning Through Ads

Every time a viewer watches an ad on a creator's video, the creator earns money. The amount can vary based on ad type – skippable, non-skippable, or mid-roll ads.

YouTube's Revenue Sharing Model

YouTube follows a 45/55 revenue sharing model. This means YouTube keeps 45% of the ad revenue, and the content creator receives the remaining 55%.

Other Revenue Streams

Brand Partnerships

Collaborations with brands can be incredibly lucrative. These partnerships may involve creating content that features a brand's product or service.

Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate marketing involves promoting a product or service and earning a commission for every sale made through the link provided by the content creator.

Step-by-step Guides and Tutorials

How to Create Engaging Content

Creating captivating content is paramount. High-quality, informative, and entertaining videos attract more views. Regular uploads and promoting videos on other social platforms can also help in engagement and reach.

Optimizing Videos for Search

Video optimization is more than just high-quality content. Incorporating relevant keywords, using descriptive tags, and creating engaging titles and descriptions can significantly enhance visibility.

Collaborating with Other Creators

Team up with other YouTubers to tap into their audience. Such collaborations can lead to cross-promotions and a higher chance of videos going viral.

Numerical Insights

  • In 2022, YouTube creators bagged over $28 billion in revenue.
  • An average YouTuber with 1 million subscribers can expect an annual earning of about $60,000.
  • "Entertainment" tops the YouTube category list, with about 25% of all views.
  • The elite top 100 YouTubers each earn more than $1 million annually.
  • MrBeast was the highest earner in 2022, with earnings surpassing $54 million.

Secret Tips and Hacks

  • Creating videos longer than 10 minutes makes them eligible for mid-roll ads, potentially increasing revenue.
  • Sponsored content can significantly boost earnings.
  • A robust social media presence can amplify the YouTube channel's reach and views.
  • YouTube's analytic tools offer insights that can guide content strategy tweaks for better engagement and earnings.


With the right strategies and a focus on content quality, YouTube offers content creators numerous avenues to monetize their content. By understanding the platform's best practices, one can maximize their earnings and make a significant mark in the world of content creation.


  1. Source ↩

  2. Source ↩ ↩2

  3. Source ↩

  4. Source ↩ ↩2 ↩3

  5. Source ↩ ↩2 ↩3

Leave a Comment