Can You Play YouTube TV On Roku: 2023 The Best Practice
Getting Started with YouTube TV on Roku
Playing YouTube TV on a Roku device provides an excellent way for users to enjoy their favorite live TV channels. Whether you've been a longtime subscriber of YouTube TV or are considering trying it out, Roku provides an easy-to-use platform for streaming. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to play YouTube TV on Roku.
Step-by-Step Guide to Set Up YouTube TV on Roku
- Ensure Your Roku Device is Updated: Firstly, it's crucial to make sure your Roku device has the latest software. Keeping your device updated ensures compatibility and provides a smoother streaming experience.
- Access the Roku Channel Store: Navigate to the
Streaming Channelstab on your Roku home screen.
- Find and Install YouTube TV: Use the search function and type in "YouTube TV". Once located, select the YouTube TV channel and click
- Launch YouTube TV: After installation, return to your Roku home screen and open the newly installed YouTube TV app.
- Sign In to Your Account: When prompted, enter your YouTube TV account credentials to access your subscription.
- Start Streaming: With everything set up, you can now dive into the vast range of live TV channels YouTube TV offers.
Distinguishing Between YouTube and YouTube TV
It's essential to recognize the difference between YouTube and YouTube TV when navigating the Roku channel store. While both apps can be found on Roku, YouTube TV is a paid subscription offering live TV channels. In contrast, the regular YouTube app focuses on free video content.
A Brief Look into the Google-Roku Dispute
For those who might remember, there was a period when Roku users couldn't access YouTube TV. This hiatus was due to a disagreement between Google and Roku. However, by December 2021, the two companies had come to an agreement, and the YouTube TV app made its return to the Roku platform.
Key Insights and Statistics on YouTube TV
As YouTube TV continues to evolve and attract more subscribers, there are some essential insights and statistics that users and potential subscribers should be aware of:
- Device Compatibility: YouTube TV is compatible with all Roku devices, encompassing streaming sticks, smart TVs, and boxes.
- Rapid Growth: As of January 2023, YouTube TV boasts an impressive subscriber count of over 3 million.
- Broad Channel Availability: Subscribers have access to more than 85 live TV channels, including big names like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, and CNN.
- Cloud DVR Feature: One of YouTube TV's standout features is its cloud DVR, which offers unlimited storage space.
- Subscription Cost: For those considering subscribing, the cost of YouTube TV stands at $64.99 per month.
Hidden Gems: Tips and Tricks for YouTube TV Users
Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned YouTube TV user, there are always new features and hacks to discover. Here are some valuable tips and findings that can enhance your streaming experience:
- Cross-Platform Streaming: Don't limit yourself to Roku! With YouTube TV, you can also watch live TV on your computer or mobile device by visiting the YouTube TV website or app.
- Local Channels with an Antenna: If you have an antenna connected to your Roku device, you can use YouTube TV to access local channels.
- 4K Streaming for Sports: Sports enthusiasts can rejoice as YouTube TV provides a 4K resolution option for select channels, ensuring a more immersive viewing experience.
- Constant Updates: It's worth noting that YouTube TV frequently updates its service by adding new features and channels. Regularly check for updates to make the most of your subscription.
 Lifewire Guide on Roku and YouTube TV
 Understanding YouTube TV on Roku
 YouTube Video Tutorial
 YouTube TV Device Compatibility
 Streaming Insights by Business Insider
 YouTube TV on Roku Channel Store